php
codeigniter
any other
[Show Results]

Pages (2): ) - 1 2 »
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attention To All Venom Developers
Today i was thinking about the venom project. Then i was wondering what we did wrong that made the project inactive.

I was thinking perhaps our mistake was using a framework which most of nct developers dont know.

I then wondered if we had used the standard php everybody knows, perhaps things might have happened differently.

So what do you guys think. Should we continue to use codeigniter or php.

@jonath45
@cavdy
@deelino
@dealwap
@laive
@others
Posting From http://ncgblog.ga
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dynamo's post:
  • jonath45
I vote php Big Grin
@dynamo the real problem is @laive being the main coord imagine if we had slotted different sections to different developers the project will continue even without him Smile
(10-12-2018, 09:44 AM)jonath45 Wrote:
I vote php Big Grin

Maybe we should create a thread with a voting poll. Abi watin u think.
  • jonath45
(10-12-2018, 09:47 AM)jonath45 Wrote:
@dynamo the real problem is @laive being the main coord imagine if we had slotted different sections to different developers the project will continue even without him Smile

Thats true. I once suggested that but nobody took it into consideration. But regardless, we need to use a language everybody knows and understand or else the project may not go far.
  • jonath45
@jonath45 please help me move this thread to homepage.
(10-12-2018, 10:03 AM)Dynamo Wrote:
@jonath45 please help me move this thread to homepage.

done Smile
(10-12-2018, 09:50 AM)Dynamo Wrote:
Maybe we should create a thread with a voting poll. Abi watin u think.

@dynamo done Smile

@cheatex, @abscheat
Dat codeigniter don dey gve me prob sef...

Omo php is good... But they want to limit the size of the project using codeigniter... Me never get time to learn codeigniter coding yet..

Am really busy by next year now.. I will be free
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deelino's post:
  • jonath45
(10-12-2018, 01:41 PM)Deelino Wrote:

Omo php is good... But they want to limit the size of the project using codeigniter... Me never get time to learn codeigniter coding yet..

place your vote o Big Grin
@jonath45 thanks.
(10-12-2018, 01:41 PM)Deelino Wrote:

Hmm...
The issue is not the choice of the framework but that everyone has other things they do. Like me, I am a full-time software developer and by the time I am back from work, I just go to sleep directly. The project is not dead anyway, we will just continue progressively till we are done with some basic setup and can then launch it to the public and make it open source for anyone to contribute.

Another issue I noticed was that we called in too many people to the project thereby drifting the effort that should be utilized into the project completion. What we should have done is making sure we have something stable before making a project that anyone can contribute to. We have learnt something new anyway and will ensure such doesn't repeat itself in our future projects
It takes so long to learn simplicity.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dealwap's post:
  • jonath45
(10-13-2018, 02:13 AM)dealwap Wrote:
The issue is not the choice of the framework but that everyone has other things they do. Like me, I am a full-time software developer and by the time I am back from work, I just go to sleep directly. The project is not dead anyway, we will just continue progressively till we are done with some basic setup and can then launch it to the public and make it open source for anyone to contribute.

Another issue I noticed was that we called in too many people to the project thereby drifting the effort that should be utilized into the project completion. What we should have done is making sure we have something stable before making a project that anyone can contribute to. We have learnt something new anyway and will ensure such doesn't repeat itself in our future projects

hmmm... You have a point sir Smile
(10-13-2018, 02:13 AM)dealwap Wrote:

Hmm. After reading everything you said, one thing is missing.

Even if we decide to use codeigniter and @laive (the only person i know who fully understands codeigniter among the developers of venom) builds a stable version for venom what do u expect people who know less about codeigniter to contribute. Thats why i said its better to use a language everyone is familiar with. Besides if we use codeigniter then creating a plugin system for venom would be more difficult (am not saying impossible but difficult)

But the choice is not urs to make. @jonath45 has created a poll and which ever language / framework has the highest vote wins.

@jonath45 please leave the poll open for 2days. That would be more than enough time for people to vote so we can know which language / framework to use for venom.
  • jonath45
Pages (2): ) - 1 2 »

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Watch Eminem Venom-video Sound Track Jaylinks 0 8 10-06-2018, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Jaylinks
  ALERT:  Your Attention Is Required Here.. Horla 2 184 06-08-2017, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Laive
  SHARED: Attention! To All Web/wapmasters. beme 34 823 05-19-2017, 12:37 PM
Last Post: benven
  Please Web Developers Enter Here. Excellency 2 151 05-04-2017, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Excellency
  Forloop Ibadan: Every Ibadan-based Developers Should Come In Here Akerekan Olakunle Michael 6 388 01-27-2017, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Olabode Saheed Dandy
  Hire Professional Web Designers/developers For Your Web Services Today younqjohn 3 258 01-05-2017, 09:00 PM
Last Post: younqjohn
  7 Awesome Code Editor For Web Developers And Designers dealwap 1 341 12-01-2016, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Ahkohd
  5 Tips For Aspiring Web App Developers dealwap 0 162 11-25-2016, 09:53 AM
Last Post: dealwap
  Let's Get Serious - Developers Only daniel 17 792 10-19-2016, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Voski
  Hire Skilled Developers And Programmers To Work For You Bammybrain 0 286 04-17-2016, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Bammybrain