Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP: I Need Your Opinion On This
I am planning on switching to dot ng because my old dot com is on currently on auction by another host,and so I find it difficult to renew it. I am currently on a research to know the importance of dot ng in the absence of dot com, I discovered that lindaikeji, nairaland, tooxclusive, naijaloaded all uses dot com and there website/blogs currently tops on Google and other ranking. should I go ahead with my plans of buying dot ng or I should look for new a new domain name and register dot com
I am a proud member of NIgerian Coders Team
you can buy .ng if its for nigeria only
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deelino's post:
  • sunny
.com is a global domain i.e generic Top-Level Domain (gTLD) while .ng, .UK, .us, .in e.t.c are for some particular countries i.e country-code Top-Level Domain (ccTLD) . If most of ur visitors wud b coming from Nigeria and the site has more to do with Nigeria, u can get .ng.

But I prefer .com in this part of the world, u know y?

Majority ( lay men ) do not know there's any other domain name apart from ".com". Therefore, in terms of personal searching from people, it may be difficult to locate ur site. Once they type .com after ur site name and they can't find it, they will just lock up.
[-] The following 2 users Like Sheryl's post:
  • froshloaded, sunny
(04-26-2019, 02:51 PM)Sheryl Wrote:
Majority ( lay men ) do not know there's any other domain name apart from ".com". Therefore, in terms of personal searching from people, it may be difficult to locate ur site. Once they type .com after ur site name and they can't find it, they will just lock up.

Yeah you are absolutely right!
That's why I have a custom .com domain that redirects to my .com.ng domain..
Wth love

Duly signed 

Frosh Niggar Heart

©FroshLoaded Inc 2017-2019

[-] The following 1 user Likes froshloaded's post:
  • Sheryl
Plz can I be ur on of ur admin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pesonal Opinion: Best Css Framework Brainrex 7 330 04-01-2017, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Brainrex
  Opinion Needed: Starting a web hosting company/business in Nigeria temmyhlee 18 927 06-20-2016, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Aphatheology