So, Recently Facebook introduced Messenger Room and now they have decided to integrate with Facebook‘s Messenger Rooms feature, allowing calls with up to 50 people, meaning that you’ll now be able to launch video calls from Instagram.
In a Tweet yesterday evening Instagram said:
An easy way to video chat with up to 50 of your favorite people? Yes please Starting today, you can create @messenger Rooms on Instagram and invite anyone to join
The new feature will support group calls of up to 50 people, significantly more than WhatsApp, and is based on integration with Facebook’s own Messenger Rooms.
How to start Instagram group video chat with Messenger Rooms:
- In Instagram, head to Direct (paper airplane in the top right corner)
- Tap the video icon in the top right corner (left of the new DM icon)
- Select Create a Room then tap Create Room as…
- Choose up to 49 friends, choose Send
- Now tap Join Room to head to the video chat you created (this will take you out of Instagram)